Re: DxCommander and inadvertent Xmt

Dave AA6YQ

I set everything up initially per the WSJT-X users manual. The inability to log might have been that Spot Collector wasn't running. Not sure about that.

+ You need either SpotCollector or JT-Alert running. "Getting Started with K1JT modes and DXLab" summarizes the two topologies, and provides links to step-by-step instructions for configuring each:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes

However, the inadvertent transmission is being commanded by the Commander when first starting commander. For some reason, PTT is defaulting to Xmt. As I can see it, this is only related to Commander.

+ How is Commander connected to your FT991A?

+ To what are the DTR and RTS selectors set in the "Primary CAT Serial Port" panel on the Ports tab of Commander's Configuration window?

+ Please do the following:

1. reboot Windows

2. put your FT991A on a clear frequency and set its RF output power to 0

3. start Windows Explorer, navigate to your Commander folder, and double-click the entry for

CI-V Commander.exe

+ Does your FT991A switch from RX to TX?

+ If so, then

4. click the RX button in the PTT panel on Commander's Main window

5. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box

6. terminate Commander

7. in Windows Explorer, navigate to your Commander folder, and double-click the entry for

CI-V Commander.exe

8. click the RX button in the PTT panel on Commander's Main window

9. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

10. terminate Commander

11. attach the errorlog.txt file from you Commander folder to an email message that answers the questions posed above, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com