Re: N4PY Icom software, IC-7610 and Commander problem

neil_zampella

Thanks Dave ... I knew it had nothing to do with the UDP reporting
settings, but didn't know about the TCP connection :)

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/21/2021 12:23 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

UM ... Commander does not interface with WSJT-X via UDP. AFAIK it uses a direct serial connection via a COM port.

+ Commander and WSJT-X interoperate by means of TCP commands that Bill G4WJS and I defined several years ago. It provides a single abstraction that works for every radio model supported by Commander; this proved more difficult than either of us understood going in, but we made it work.