Re: DxCommander and inadvertent Xmt

Hi - I was operating FT8 (new to it) for a bit. QSOs were logged with DxKeeper and everything seemed very streamlined. I left the computer configuration the same and simply turned off my radio and came back to it a day or so later. FT8 operation was fantastic...QSOs were being logged. It was very strange...I was actually getting involved in the FT8 as I had many contacting me and had to manage that by direct intervention. Anyway, after several QSOs I looked at the log and none had been logged even though the prompt to log came up for each (and there were several) and I clicked OK.
This is where the fun starts. It seemed as though I was getting inadvertent transmissions commanded by the WSJTX app. I would have to hit the power button on the radio as I could not figure out from the various screens why this was happening. I then shut down all the apps (WSJTX, Dxlab, etc) and did not power down the computer. When I restarted DxLab and commander only, as soon as commander connected with the radio, it would start to transmit. Again, I used the power button to stop the inadvertent transmission. I then turned the radio back on and the radio (Yaesu FT991A) showed a blinking transmission light (it was not transmitting, but maybe being commanded to transmit??). I then restarted everything...computer...radio. Now, I think SSB voice operation is ok - I have not checked FT8 operation again yet.
Any hints here? I would like to consistently record FT8 contacts (I think I missed a few) and switch to other modes easily. There are a lot of moving parts with all these apps so I am not sure I have a grasp on this.
Any help would be appreciated.

+ Hint 1: read the WSJT-X user manual in

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.3.0-rc1_en.html

+ If you have questions, feel free to post them here, or on the WSJT-X support forum in

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/messages

+ For QSOs logged in WSJT-X to be conveyed to DXKeeper, you must appropriately configure DXLab. Step-by-step instructions are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes

+ For the QSOs you logged before configuring DXLab to receive them, you can direct DXKeeper to import them from the ADIF file that WSJT-X maintains. In the WSJT-X File menu, run the "Open Log Directory" command. That will produce a Windows Explorer window containing the file

wsjt_log.adi

+ This file contains all QSOs logged with WSJT-X. If none of these QSOs have previously been recorded in DXKeeper, you can simply direct DXKeeper to import this file. Otherwise, you must enable "Duplicate checking" on the "Import QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window before importing the above file; importing with duplicate checking enabled is a slow operation.