DxCommander and inadvertent Xmt

Lance HP

Hi - I was operating FT8 (new to it) for a bit. QSOs were logged with DxKeeper and everything seemed very streamlined. I left the computer configuration the same and simply turned off my radio and came back to it a day or so later. FT8 operation was fantastic...QSOs were being logged. It was very strange...I was actually getting involved in the FT8 as I had many contacting me and had to manage that by direct intervention. Anyway, after several QSOs I looked at the log and none had been logged even though the prompt to log came up for each (and there were several) and I clicked OK.
This is where the fun starts. It seemed as though I was getting inadvertent transmissions commanded by the WSJTX app. I would have to hit the power button on the radio as I could not figure out from the various screens why this was happening. I then shut down all the apps (WSJTX, Dxlab, etc) and did not power down the computer. When I restarted DxLab and commander only, as soon as commander connected with the radio, it would start to transmit. Again, I used the power button to stop the inadvertent transmission. I then turned the radio back on and the radio (Yaesu FT991A) showed a blinking transmission light (it was not transmitting, but maybe being commanded to transmit??). I then restarted everything...computer...radio. Now, I think SSB voice operation is ok - I have not checked FT8 operation again yet.
Any hints here? I would like to consistently record FT8 contacts (I think I missed a few) and switch to other modes easily. There are a lot of moving parts with all these apps so I am not sure I have a grasp on this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Lance