Re: Error Logging from JTAlert to DXKeeper

I'm not sure the "solution" mentioned in this thread is really the right one. If double logging was happening then either two servers were receiving logged QSO datagrams, or one server was receiving them twice.
The former is quite possible when using multicast and the solution would be to configure one of the servers not to convey logged QSOs to DXKeeper. The latter could be due to a combination of the server listening on all local interfaces and WSJT-X being configured to send datagrams to more than one local interface (e.g. the loopback interface and a local subnet interface).

Reducing the outgoing network interfaces to just one could fix either of those issues but for the former it is not the right solution, and for the latter I would expect a multicast UDP server to have some control over which local network interfaces it listens on. For sure with the latter, and no such listening control, such a server is going to be prone to duplicate actions.

+ The configuration instructions in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

+ will remain limited to the most common case: WSJT-X and JT-Alert hosted on the same computer.

+ If someone writes an article describing the effective use of multicast UDP in more complex topologies, I will be happy to add it to "Getting Started with DXLab".