Re: Error Logging from JTAlert to DXKeeper

Joe Subich, W4TV

Hi Joe,

yes it does but I though we were discussing SpotCollector as the
server for WSJT-X clients.
The original poster indicated the use of WSJTX, JTAlert and SC:

Windows 10 20H2, current as of today
WSJT-X v2.3.0
JTAlert v2.16.17
DXLab Suite's DXKeeper v16.0.7
Flex 6700
SmartSDR v3.1.12
(connected together by physical Ethernet switch but port forwarded
through my router to enable DXLab's Commander to work remotely)
As a note, I have "Post decoded Callsigns to SpotCollector as local spots" enabled (under JTAlert -> Settings -> Manage Settings -> Applications -> DXLab Suite -> SpotCollector) with no problems. I depend on those spots in my set-up.

On 2021-03-19 10:50 AM, g4wjs wrote:
On 19/03/2021 13:53, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
but I have to ask why you are using multicast and also why you are
having WSJT-X send traffic on two separate network interfaces.
Seems to me I saw that from *you* on the WSJTX list in regard to
JTAlert when 2.3.0(?) added multicast support.

On 2021-03-19 6:45 AM, g4wjs wrote:
no one using SpotCollector as a UDP server for WSJT-X should be using
a multicast group address as a UDP destination in WSJT-X.
Bill,

Really?  Works just fine for me with WSJTX 2.4.0-rc3, JT Alert
2.16.17 and SpotCollector with UDP Server 239.255.01, Port 2237,
and outgoing interfaces: wireless_0, loopback_6

On 2021-03-19 6:45 AM, g4wjs wrote:

Hi Dave,

specifying the network interface(s) datagrams are sent on is only required for multicast group addresses, for unicast addresses the routing is determined by the networking infrastructure. Since SpotCollector does not support multicast no one using SpotCollector as a UDP server for WSJT-X should be using a multicast group address as a UDP destination in WSJT-X.

73
Bill
G4WJS.
Hi Joe,

OK, I can see how that might work, but I have to ask why you are using multicast and also why you are having WSJT-X send traffic on two separate network interfaces. That seems a recipe for duplicate traffic to any server listening on all interfaces on the local machine.