Re: Error Logging from JTAlert to DXKeeper

Dave AA6YQ

1. Russ is using JTAlert with WSJT-X and DXLab.

2. Russ reported that each QSO logged from JTAlert to DXKeeper was creating two QSOs in DXKeeper

3. An analysis of DXKeeper's errorlog showed that DXKeeper was receiving two "log QSOs" directives

4. Russ found an "Outgoing Interfaces" setting in WSJT-X that evidently caused the double-logging

5. I wanted to be sure that setting was properly documented in "Getting Started with K1JT modes using WSJT-X, JTAlert, and DXLab"

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

but could not find the "Outgoing Interfaces" setting in my instance of WSJT-X

6. Now that I understand that the "Outgoing Interfaces" setting only appears if the "UDP Server" address is set to a multicast address, I have updated the instructions cited above to suggest setting the "UDP Server" address to 127.0.0.1, which will prevent the double-logging.

Note: Configuration instructions in "Getting Started with DXLab" suggest a basic configuration suitable for most users. They do not cover all usage scenarios, for example hosting WSJT-X and JTAlert on different computers.