Re: Error Logging from JTAlert to DXKeeper

g4wjs

On 19/03/2021 13:23, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

On 2021-03-19 6:45 AM, g4wjs wrote:
no one using SpotCollector as a UDP server for WSJT-X should be using
a multicast group address as a UDP destination in WSJT-X.
Bill,

Really?  Works just fine for me with WSJTX 2.4.0-rc3, JT Alert
2.16.17 and SpotCollector with UDP Server 239.255.01, Port 2237,
and outgoing interfaces: wireless_0, loopback_6

On 2021-03-19 6:45 AM, g4wjs wrote:

Hi Dave,

specifying the network interface(s) datagrams are sent on is only required for multicast group addresses, for unicast addresses the routing is determined by the networking infrastructure. Since SpotCollector does not support multicast no one using SpotCollector as a UDP server for WSJT-X should be using a multicast group address as a UDP destination in WSJT-X.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Hi Joe,

OK, I can see how that might work, but I have to ask why you are using multicast and also why you are having WSJT-X send traffic on two separate network interfaces. That seems a recipe for duplicate traffic to any server listening on all interfaces on the local machine.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill