*only* tip to tip and sleeve to sleeve connections.

2) the audio level is *much too high* for a mic input. Put a 10K
resistor in series with the tip to tip connection and a 1K from
tip to sleeve on the computer end of the cable.

3) If your computer places 3.3V - 5V on the mic or line jack (bias
for a microphone), put a 1uF to 10uF capacitor in series with
the tip to prevent the bias voltage from upsetting the audio
output circuit in the FTdx3000.

On 2021-03-14 11:01 PM, Marv Stasak wrote:
DXKeeper has what I think is an elegant recording feature with its ability to record a QSO automatically and store it using the contact's call sign in the file name.  Unfortunately, for some reason, I can't get a decent recording. The audio is distorted and the volume is always too low. *I know this is not a problem caused by DXLab but something I'm doing or not doing*.  The rig is an FTDX3000. I'm running from the line out on the radio to the computer using a  shielded cable with 3.5mm stereo jacks.I have 2 inputs in the computer, 1 a mono plug, the other a stereo.L & R input.  Whichever I use doesn't make any difference, I get the same low volume, distorted playback results. I am using Audacity for playback but the Windows playback feature gives me the same results.  If I hook up a digital recorder to the shielded cable, the results are fine so it's something in how I've set up the sound card settings on the computer but I can't imagine what it could be. It should be simple but it is not proving to be so. Yaesu does not supply anything more than the line-out feature; No volume controls or anything.  I am looking for suggestions.
Marv, W5DT
the .