Audio Recording problem

Marv Stasak

DXKeeper has what I think is an elegant recording feature with its ability to record a QSO automatically and store it using the contact's call sign in the file name.  Unfortunately, for some reason, I can't get a decent recording. The audio is distorted and the volume is always too low.  I know this is not a problem caused by DXLab but something I'm doing or not doing.  The rig is an FTDX3000. I'm running from the line out on the radio to the computer using a  shielded cable with 3.5mm stereo jacks.I have 2 inputs in the computer, 1 a mono plug, the other a stereo.L & R input.  Whichever I use doesn't make any difference, I get the same low volume, distorted playback results. I am using Audacity for playback but the Windows playback feature gives me the same results.  If I hook up a digital recorder to the shielded cable, the results are fine so it's something in how I've set up the sound card settings on the computer but I can't imagine what it could be. It should be simple but it is not proving to be so. Yaesu does not supply anything more than the line-out feature; No volume controls or anything.  I am looking for suggestions.

Marv, W5DT

the .