Re: Exporting from DX4WIN to DXLab

Saad Mahaini

Hi Dave and thanks for your patience keeping up with all my questions

I have followed the directions in the documents you referred me to, both times

I confirm that my LotW account is linked to the DXCC Account
I have identified the correct DXCC account number and entered in DXLab
I have the LotW log-in info setup in DXLab
When i use the download button in the bottom of the DXCC Credit granted window in DXlab, it takes some time and shows download activities, but the download report will then show zero

Not sure what im doing wrong

Someone on the DX4WIN reflector offered the following

===========
What software (DXLAB, ACLOG,etc) are you wanting to import this ADIF file into?

Does that program update the fields you are wanting to import from DX4WIN?

If it does, can you send me some records with the fields in question filled in (so I can see how they are filled in)?
Or, if it's easier, send the whole ADIF file.

Once I know the syntax and values, I can see if I can export the data from DX4WIN.

============

What ADIF format / label does DXlab requires for the DXCC credit ?

Also, since i already imported the DX4WIN log and already logged new QSOs on DXLab, assigned myQTH ID, etc will i need to redo all this or will it be possible to just update the DXCC credit fields with the new ADIF file?

73 Saad N5FF

On Monday, March 8, 2021, 03:46:12 PM CST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6QY comments below

The exported DX4WIN ADIF File does not show the ARRL DXCC QSL Checked/confirmed field

I did download the file from the ARRL. According to the download verbiage on the site, its an ADIF file not HTML.    I can open it with the notepad and i see the listing of all QSO info that are credited

When i follow the guide for how to do this in DXlab and i download it via DXLab, i can see it downloading something and takes a little bit of time to do it, but then the download report shows 0 QSOs updated.

I assume the download is an update to the last download, so i dont expect i will be getting different results if i keep doing it.  The question , where do the credit go wen i did the first download with DXLab.

Not sure i'm explaining this correctly

+ I can't tell what you did from your description above.

+ DXKeeper's "Sync LoTW QSLs" function will update a logged QSO to reflect "DXCC Award Credit Granted" reported by LoTW, but

1. LoTW only reports DXCC credit granted to LoTW confirmations; report DXCC credit granted for QSL Cards

2. LoTW only reports DXCC credit granted after the date and time shown beneath the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button before you invoke it. The only way to use "Sync LoTW QSLs" to  be informed of all DXCC credit granted to LoTW confirmations is to depress the CTRL key while clicking the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button, which directs LoTW to report the status of *all* LoTW confirmations, which can take a long time to download and process -- and again does not include DXCC credit granted to QSL card confirmations.

* To solve this problem, DXKeeper provides the ability to download your DXCC Award Credit Matrix from the ARRL in HTML format, extract all DXCC credits from this HTML (credits granted to QSL card confirmations and LoTW confirmations), and update your logged QSOs to reflect DXCC credit granted. This is described in "Managing DXCC Credits" in the Reference documentation:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Managing%20DXCC%20Credits

* and "Managing DXCC Credits" in the Task-oriented documentation:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ManageDXCCCredits

+ A few years after the DXKeeper's "DXCC Credit Manager" was developed, the ARRL added a DXCC Credit API that reports all DXCC award credits, not just those issued to LoTW confirmations. Using this API would eliminate the need for DXKeeper to download HTML and "scrape" DXCC credits from it, but would not otherwise improve the process described above. However, unlike the HTML in your Award Credit Matrix, the ARRL's DXCC Credit API does not indicate whether a DXCC credit was issued to a QSO's QSL card confirmation or its LoTW confirmation. Thus for a QSO confirmed by both QSL card confirmation and LoTW confirmation, DXKeeper's Credit Manager's AutoLink function would not know whether to set the QSO's "QSL Rcvd" or its "LoTW QSL Rcvd" item to 'V'. For this reason, I have not replaced the Award Credit Matrix download and HTML scraping logic in DXKeeper's Credit Manager with the use of the ARRL's DXCC Credit API, as doing so would be a regression in current functionality.

Also, not sure if the comments field got imported from the DX4WIN ADIF file, i can see them in the file but not sure where to find them in DXLab.

+ Information obtained from the COMMENT and NOTES fields of an imported ADIF record in placed in the resulting QSO's COMMENT item, which is accessible via the Details panel on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab. To make the Details panel visible, check the Details box in the "Log Panels" panel on the Configuration window's Log tab.

+ A screen shot showing DXKeeper's Main window with all panels visible is here:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/All_Panels.jpg

+  There's a "Display panels in two columns" option for ops who prefer a more horizontal orientation.

+  A description of each of the 119 items recorded with each QSO, and its panel on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab is provided here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm