Re: Question about spot in FT8

Joe Subich, W4TV

I've noticed it within the last week or two too. Apparently some sort
of connection has been established between automated FT8 spotting
(maybe PSKReporter??) and the DX clusters.
Yes, someone has turned on a link between the RBN/Digital network and
the general cluster network.

On 2021-03-11 3:30 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 11:34 AM Anthony W. DePrato <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com> wrote:

i have started seeing this FT8 spot with my call sign show up after
updating WSJT. i know this is dxlab group but i use dxlab as my
logging software. i can call one station and i will see a spot for my
call show up then the Source station will changes maybe 10 times in
the next min.
without me making another transmission.i have looked in both spot
collector and wsjt and turned off all psk and anything that might
cause this spotting. i am thinking it is either skimmers or a rev
beacon. i feel this just add's to the dx cluster over head and not
needed. anyone have any ideal.
I've noticed it within the last week or two too. Apparently some sort
of connection has been established between automated FT8 spotting
(maybe PSKReporter??) and the DX clusters.
73,
~iain / N6ML