Re: Question about spot in FT8

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/03/2021 6:34 am, Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
i asked this on the JTLERT ground and was told i needed to learn how to use my software or go QRT. nice bunch .. wont be going back there.
73 Tony WA4JQS

The go QRT response (from me) was an attempt at levity. Sorry you took it literally.

Your problem is that you don't want to see spots of your Callsign from other FT8 users.

You can't force everyone else to turn off their PSKReporter spotting or Cluster spotting, so your only option is to configure SpotCollector to avoid showing these spots. This is the correct group to get an authoritative answer as to how to do that, assuming it is possible.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert author)