Re: NEED HELP IN GETTING COMMANDER WORKING

Dan Coleman <w8kmx@...>

Dave: Last night I had WW working in AFSK. I could receive and decode I could press the transmit button (in WW) and it would key the radio, send diddles, with RF out. I could type in RY’s TEST then my call in the transmit window and it would transmit that. Today, I could not duplicate WW working on AFSK.
 OK, so today (starting over) I started Launcher,  and Commander. Pressing the TX button in commander keyed the radio, produced a single tone and I did get RF out. I then started WW, which changed the radio to LSB, and I press the TX button in WW. It did not key the radio and did not produce a tone or any RF even though the software thought it was transmitting. When I checked port five, the port used to control the radio, WW said it was not available. I’m guessing that is because it was being used by commander. ??
You sent me a link to “Configuring WinWarbler for RTTY Operation“ which I followed religiously (both AFSK and FSK) but, it did not work. I also tried the radio in D1, D2 & D3 but that made no difference. Throughout all of these tests, I could receive and decode RTTY in WW. I even tried the K0PIR video for N1MM with MMTTY with same lack of results. I am getting embarrassed that I can’t figure this out. Dan, W8KMX

On Mar 6, 2021 at 9:23 PM, <Dave AA6YQ> wrote:

Hello Dave and thanks for the information. It worked fine

+ Does that mean that you have Commander correctly controlling your IC-7610?

and in fact I now have WinWarbler working. Or at least I think it’s working I can hear the tones and I’m producing RF and it sounds good at this end through the monitor. I still don’t have MMTTY working and I fully don’t understand because they’re almost the same thing.

+ Your first post in this thread said

"when I press the "TX" icon, it does key the radio (ICOM 7610) but it only sends one steady tone (Mark, I think)."

+ To transmit RTTY with WinWarbler, type some text in its transmit pane, and then click the "Start" button in WinWarbler's "RTTY transmit" panel. See this annotated screen shot:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/Wiki/Graphics/WinWarbler/RTTY.jpg

+ Later, you can configure WinWarbler to "auto start".

+ A constant mark tone when transmitting RTTY is a classic symptom of having the transceiver configured for RTTY FSK transmission (for an IC-7610, mode set to "RTTY") but not supplying a FSK signal to the transceiver; for an IC-7610, that can be done via the second virtual COM port created by the transceiver, as described in this Icom manual:

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/USB_Port_Setting_Ver.1.0_Eng.pdf

+ The alternative is to transmit RTTY AFSK, in which case you'd configure WinWarbler to put your IC-7610 in DATA-L mode when operating RTTY.

+ Step-by-step instructions for configuring WinWarbler for RTTY operation are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConfigureRTTY