Re: NEED HELP IN GETTING COMMANDER WORKING

Dan Coleman <w8kmx@...>

Hello Dave and thanks for the information. It worked fine and in fact I now have WinWarbler working. Or at least I think it’s working I can hear the tones and I’m producing RF and it sounds good at this end through the monitor. I still don’t have MMTTY working and I fully don’t understand because they’re almost the same thing. I’ll work on that tomorrow. But thanks for your help, and let me tell you you were an a Normas help. Seven threes Dan, W8KMX

On Mar 6, 2021 at 6:09 PM, <Dave AA6YQ> wrote:

@ more AA6YQ comments below

Dave: I got up the energy to start again on DXLab software. I used "IOBot Uninstall" to get rid of everything I could find and it did remove the items we discussed in the Control Panel >uninstall etc.

I disconnected my CD/DVD drive E and my external additional hard drive F. I cleaned with CCleaner including registry, rebooted and began again.

I even deleted the file I had previously downloaded from DXLab and started all over again. I installed everything. I tried to install everything in C:\DXlab\ (which I had created) and planned to let the program create the sub folders such as "WinWarbler," "Spot Collector" etc but that did not work. Only DXKeeper and DXView were installed there and it said it could not install others there because Commander was already installed there. So, I created a Folder for each of the remaining under C:\ (i.e. C:\WinWarbler, C:\PropView etc.

Now, that seemed to work OK except when I loaded the program, I received the following message for all the rest (only the names were changed to protect the innocent).

Example: the specified Spot Database pathname

                E:\DXLab\SpotCollector\Data bases\Spots.mdb doesn't exist, and one cannot be created in this location.

So, somewhere it remembers me and the drive E. When I went to "config" it filled in some items such as my call and name etc. so there is a database somewhere hidden in my computer which I can't find.

Do you have a recommendation?

@ Evidently your effort to remove all DXLab registry entries was unsuccessful.

@ My advice is to

1. direct Windows to uninstall each of your DXLab applications

2. make sure you have a backup of all critical files

3. carefully using the Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT), delete the following nodes in the Windows Registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\DXLabLauncher

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CI-V Commander

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\DXKeeper

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\DXView

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Pathfinder

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\PropView

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\SpotCollector

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\WinWarbler

4. Install the DXLab Launcher into the default folder C:\DXLab (the Launcher will be installed in C:\DXLab\Launcher)

5. Direct the Launcher to install Commander into the default folder c:\DXLab (Commander will be installed in C:\DXLab\Commander)

6. Configure Commander to control your transceiver

7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each additional DXLab application you wish to use