Re: NEED HELP IN GETTING COMMANDER WORKING

Dan Coleman <w8kmx@...>

On 3/5/2021 8:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+  AA6YQ comments below
I did put the CD back in drive E. However, via control panel, uninstall I was unable to uninstall all programs as it said it could not find the files. Using C cleaner, I did clean up the files and run the registry for problems. I did find several that needed to be cleaned but it didn’t help the reinstallation. I will pick it up tomorrow. Been working too much on it today. I think my brain is mush. Thanks for your help and I’m sorry to bother you. 73, Dan, W8KMX

+ No bother at all, Dan; helping users solve problems is a primary reason this group exists.

Dave: I got up the energy to start again on DXLab software. I used "IOBot Uninstall" to get rid of everything I could find and it did remove the items we discussed in the Control Panel >uninstall etc.

I disconnected my CD/DVD drive E and my external additional hard drive F. I cleaned with CCleaner including registry, rebooted and began again.

I even deleted the file I had previously downloaded from DXLab and started all over again. I installed everything. I tried to install everything in C:\DXlab\ (which I had created) and planned to let the program create the sub folders such as "WinWarbler," "Spot Collector" etc but that did not work. Only DXKeeper and DXView were installed there and it said it could not install others there because Commander was already installed there. So, I created a Folder for each of the remaining under C:\ (i.e. C:\WinWarbler, C:\PropView etc.

Now, that seemed to work OK except when I loaded the program, I received the following message for all the rest (only the names were changed to protect the innocent).

Example: the specified Spot Database pathname

                E:\DXLab\SpotCollector\Data bases\Spots.mdb doesn't exist, and one cannot be created in this location.

So, somewhere it remembers me and the drive E. When I went to "config" it filled in some items such as my call and name etc. so there is a database somewhere hidden in my computer which I can't find.

Do you have a recommendation? Regards, Dan, W8KMX