Re: Commander won't launch

David Reed

Apparently in bring back a station backup from Carbonite, it overwrote with a corrupt file; glad it is working though, I am quite spoiled by using these fine programs and really feel crappy when my system prevents that.

I am doubly backed up; to external hard drive and external with Carbonite; good thing because the local one was shot with errors (tried it first due to low internet speeds).

It first started when trying to bring my new system back up; initially DX lab stuff was all working following directions on the wiki you sent me; but when I brought back my other files it cratered the .ocx file in question.

Immediately after that it barfed; there was an internet outage during the restore of files from off site. Next time I have to restore from offsite, I will go to my son's house and use his better, faster  internet service.

Thanks again & 73 de Dave, W5SV

On 2/28/2021 22:32, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

VB =VisualBasic… I just figured it might be something with that… in my ignorance, but it works now…

+ Thanks, Dave. Evidently, installing VB re-registered MouseWheelControl.ocx . There's a simpler way to re-register a component, if this happens again.

+ The question now is "why did MouseWheelControl.ocx become un-registered?"

+ When did this problem first appear. What changes to you hardware or software did you make around that time?

+ I suggest checking the Windows Event Logs for signs of hardware or software failures.