Re: DXKeeper - LotW Sync QSO and QSLs - Not Responding

Jon Gefaell

I always appreciate your input, Joe. Your contributions are vital in supporting DX Lab Suite users. Thank you very much for caring to respond to my missives.

I've monitored the process table and the resources being allocated and utilized. There's no mystery there, and every drop is accounted for, I assure you.

The thing is, I've designed, built, and operated high-volume, high visibility technical operations infrastructures for decades. It was my career. Despite not being proficient with Windows to a minor fraction of a degree as I am with *nix variants, I'm quite well versed in networking. I run a Ubiquity UniFi Software Defined Network, and I do deep packet inspection with IPS/IDS and remote logging to a pair of Linux hosts (*). I analyze those logs periodically. I'm very aware of what source and targets are trafficking, on what ports, and at what times. Anything suspicious is detected and mitigated when necessary.

My ham shack systems resources are well managed and allocated. I built it to be used and with ample headroom, as I've noted. My system runs very smoothly with no apparent issues. I have no malware infestation, no botnet participation, no untracked I/O or processes. I run a pretty tight ship for decades. It's what I do.

The issue isn't related to resource consumption or malware. It does seem like a resource blocking issue, however. As I said, it's my cross to bear, and one day perhaps I will resolve it. It's a corner case for sure.

Very best regards! Stay warm, be well, and good DX!

(*) These used to be hosted on my own physical machines located in datacenters with tier 1 networks that routed my legacy class C direct assigned network 198.147.203.0/24.  It helps to have friends in the business. Now, they're virtual machines hosted by two separate providers. They run DNS, Email, IP tunnels, and other good things for myself and my friends.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 06:47 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

Looking at the high CPU consumers in Task Manager should help to
identify the suspect processes.