Re: DXKeeper - LotW Sync QSO and QSLs - Not Responding

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-02-27 10:36 PM, Jon Gefaell wrote:

However, my CPU consumption isn't implicated as the cause of the reported issue, however. And my system runs very pleasingly fast in
all aspects. Nothing 'crawls'. It does all these things at once with
ease. I built it to use it. :)
No, but it indicates a process running in the background that can be
the cause of your issue. I would speculate that something is actively
using a [high volume] internet connection - possibly malware that is
involved in some distributed processing application e.g., "Bitcoin
mining", SETI@Home or a botnet involved in DDOS activities.

Looking at the high CPU consumers in Task Manager should help to
identify the suspect processes.

On 2021-02-27 10:36 PM, Jon Gefaell wrote:
On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 07:10 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
I, w6de, run an i7 6-core system, NVME SSD, 16 GB memory and I
almost never see 40% CPU utilization. I see peaks of CPU use only
when running WSJTX at its end of receive decoding. My quote of Jon
in item two clearly points to a software conflict or undetected
malware infestation. Actively consuming CPU at the time were HDSDR (1.66Mhz spread, tuned to 3885), JTalert & WSJT-X (actively decoding on 7,074kHz), Chrome (viewing local 2K video stream rendered with Plex media server), a background file-sharing application, and perhaps others. 40% was the peak utilization noted observing for a minute or two.