Re: DXKeeper - LotW Sync QSO and QSLs - Not Responding

Jon Gefaell

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 02:05 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ For the record, I frequently see the "not responding" message in window title bars -- including in the title bars of Microsoft applications. Letting the operation run to completion invariably succeeds.

Thank you, Dave. I just did this again so that I could explain it carefully. Hopefully, this is useful at some point. I'm delighted to be discussing this, thank you.

I selected "Sync LOTW QSLs." The progress dialogue pops up and halts at 59 seconds. The title bar displays 'not responding,' and shortly thereafter, the windows dialogue comes up, saying the same thing and offering a choice of stopping the program or waiting. I select to wait. The DXKeeper windows (main, capture, and the QSL sync progress) are shaded. I have been waiting 35 minutes with no change.

Memory is 41% utilized, CPU is 40%, Disk and Network are 0%, and GPU is 8%. I don't have the skills to look into the number of open file handles, etc. But there are no other evident issues with closing, opening, and using numerous applications that would consume additional resources, open file handles and network connections, allocating memory, etc.

I'll keep at it. It feels like a blocking issue. One day I'll find my gremlin. :) Thanks again, sir!