Re: DXKeeper - LotW Sync QSO and QSLs - Not Responding

Jon Gefaell

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
* That's a likely symptom of resource exhaustion, Windows misconfiguration, or a latent defect in Windows - which is why I posted the above advice.

I've re-read both my description and his. They seem complimentary. There may be an issue of semantics, and my choice of words to describe the issue may benefit from fine-tuning. I would appreciate some insight as to how our two reports are crucially different.

At any rate, as I stated, however:

"Something your and my systems are doing is causing the issue, but it's elusive and does not seem to be experienced by others. This certainly seems to explicate DX Keeper."

I run an eight-core i7 with 64GB of RAM and have over 1GB of free space on my NVME SSD's. Resource monitoring shows vast amounts of headroom in terms of processor, network bandwidth, and memory utilization. I have no issues with my system and the many things it does. So, it's elusive. I'm going with a latent defect in Windows, but what is triggering it is... inexplicable.

It's a small bother to work around the issue, and certainly not a DX Keeper defect. I wish I was nearly as handy with system analysis in Windows as I am with *nix. I'd be all over it.  Thanks for your wonderful software and the effort you put into ensuring it interoperates with everything so well. There is nothing that comes close.