Re: Spot collector and bandwidth RTTY click on frequency

iain macdonnell - N6ML

Hi Ron,

I think you mean the *bandspread* window?

It should be noted that click-to-QSY for RTTY spots is dependent on
the spotting station getting it right too. The convention amongst
"real RTTY ops" is to spot the mark frequency, but some "amateurs"
will spot their VFO frequency instead, so the spot will be off by the
amount of *their* tone offset (which you have no way of knowing).
Configured with the offsets for your setup, it should work at least
some (maybe most?) of the time, but not always.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:24 AM Ron T via groups.io
<flamateurradio=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Tnx Joe....I'll give that a try. Did some of the rtty contest over the weekend and it would have been slick to just click on the bandwidth window at the spots shown there and be on the station rather than trying to guess where that station would be by sliding the freq down some. I think the optimal setting for AFSK is set by default to 2210 and the mark offset at 0. I should set the mark offest at 2125 and -LSB? I will give a try to this and see if it works as I expect. Tnx...73