Re: FW: [RTTY] 2Tone Update

Joe Subich, W4TV

@ If the next version of WinWarbler includes the current version of 2Tone and the two new versions (as I'm now thinking), then users wishing to use one of the two new versions of 2Tone will have one button to click - once. That's not "jumping through hoops".
I'm not convinced that the extra 350 kB +/- of payload is justified
to support obsolete operating systems. Both the 32 and 64 bit versions
of 2Tone 21.02a should be included to cover non AVX CPUs but I believe
it is time to cut loose the unsupported operating systems.

On 2021-02-14 8:00 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ AA6YQ comments below

Anyone using SpotCollector or Pathfinder would be using the internet.
Anyone using an on-line log book in DXKeeper would be using the
internet. Anyone uploading/syncing with LotW, ClubLog, eQSL is using
the internet. As such, DXLab Suite is significantly crippled without
internet access and it should be assumed any user is (or should be)
running Windows 8 or 10
+ There are ops with Commander and WinWarbler installed on computers without internet access.

Windows 8 and 10.hardware <> Operating System. One can run Windows 8 or 10
on older
processors (processors without AVX) but that hardware and Win8/10
will still run the 32 bit version of 2Tone 21.02a.

It would seem to me that the vast majority of DXLab Suite users
would be running Windows 8 or 10. I do not see a justification
to make them "jump through hoops" to take advantage of 2Tone 21.02a.
Instead the minority running on XP (gag) or 7 can easily download
2Tone 15.05a (or 16.x) from AA5AU's web site and replace 21.02a in
the WinWarbler directory (they're obviously willing to roll their
own if they are still using unsupported operating systems).