Re: Yaesu rotor control stops working, locks up DXView

Chuck, WS1L

The add-on controller is new to me, but it has a standalone config utility.  Before I changed the DXV config rotor settings from Yaesu to HyGain I used the standalone utility to change the protocol from something called RS232G (IIRC) to DCU-1.

The utility help file said that would use a subset of the DCU-1 protocol.

At any rate, that is what I think, but I'm not yet familiar enough with it to be confident about what caused what behavior.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 2:57 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

It's only been 24 hours, but using the HyGain selection in DXView instead of the Yaesu one has it working for me without any problems.

+ The Hygain and Yaesu rotor control protocols are different: the command to rotate a Yaesu rotator to heading XXX is MXXX<13>, but the command to rotate a Hygain rotator is AP1XXX;

+ Unless you have a rotator controller that automatically accepts both protocols, I don't understand how they could both work.