Re: Slow Spotcollector - Database size

I wasn't aware that there was a setting in Spotcollector to limit the size of the spots database.

+ That's documented here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Pruning%20the%20Spot%20Database

My SC was taking an extremely long time to come up and was getting worse with time.

There is a setting in the Config window, on the "Spot Database" tab with a subpanel called "Size Control". Set this to prune entries after how ever many days you want (I chose 7 days) and told it to "Prune Database on startup".

Everything is running great now! By spot database had been accumulating for years and was at about 1.5 GB! This computer has a mechanical hard drive but a database THAT big would probably slow down a SSD noticeably, as well.

This was a very simple solution to a vexing problem. TNX to K4QE for coming up with this suggestion.

+ There are more performance-impacting factors than Spot Database Size. See "Optimizing SpotCollector's Performance" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/OptimizeSCPerformance