Re: DX Commander with an IC-7300 and SDR Console

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Dave,
It turns out his problems are deeper than DXCommander, he can't even get the following programs to cooperate, without DXC.

Since it no longer involves DXC, but appears to be a WSJT-X > SDRC > OmniRig > IC-7300 problem, I won't trouble the list with any more details. I have a long explanation with pictures and settings, but that has no place on this list.

Without the details, this is where he is stuck and I'll leave it at that. Thanks for trying to help:

In synopsis.. I can run WSJTX   __OR__   SDRC but not both Using OmniRig and trying for full CAT between all devices.

I CAN use SDRC, WSJTX and a Kwd TS2000  all at once and have full CAT/PTT between all players.

N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 12:40 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Executive summary - don't use the same virtual serial ports for CW Skimmer and Commander

More detail on SDR Console and Commander. In SDR Console you can choose both CW Skimmer and External Radio. If you set a virtual port pair in CW Skimmer by clicking on it, you must disable it or set another port pair for the External Radio. After you have the External Radio window open, you click on the question mark in the upper right hand corner of the window to bring up External Radio Options. You can then click on the "Omni-Rig" button to set External Radio ports in OMni-Rig.  Finally choose the complementary virtual serial port in Commander and set the radio to Kenwood. If all goes well Commander will display "[Kenwood TS-2000]" in the top window bar.

+ Typically, one connects Commander's "Primary CAT Port" to a transceiver, and connects Commander's "Secondary CAT Port" to a panadaptor like SDR Console. How is the transceiver connected in your topology, Bob?