Re: DX Commander with an IC-7300 and SDR Console

The Hermes Lite 2 is the SDR transceiver hardware. It's a tiny black box with an Ethernet connection to the shack PC. SDR Console on the PC supports the HL2 and provides HL2 audio, control and display. I connect SDR Console to Commander to have access to the DX Lab suite, particularly to DX Keeper as it has been my logging tool for a long time.

Looks like we have different topologies.

+ Thanks for the explanation, Bob. In your setup, the combination of "SDR Console" and your Hermes Lite 2 server as your primary transceiver, configured to emulate a Kenwood TS-2000. This is similar to the first topology shown in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SDRInteroperation

+ with the "PowerSDR Console" box replaced with "SDR Console", and the three lower boxes replaced with your Hermes Lite 2. Commander's Secondary CAT port remains available to control a second receiver, a second panadaptor, or more prosaically to keep a tuner or antenna switch tracking your frequency.