Re: Recent issues with ports already in use

Ever since a recent Windows update, I'm dealing with much more frequent instances of DXLabs complaining about ports already in use...pretty much from every application. The weird thing is, I've run TCPView <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview> multiple times, and it never shows any port in DXLabs' range as being in use for either the "Local" port or the "Remote" port.

+ The "port in use" message comes from Windows, so either Windows or TCPView is not working correctly. Maybe TCPView isn't showing ports in use for UDP or Telnet or ....

I've read some other posts about the possibility of Windows using ports in this range as ephemeral ports, and my experience may bear this out. I can often reboot, and then DXLabs can get the ports.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this recently or perhaps played with different Base Port settings?

+ The ability to change the Base Port is provided for exactly this scenario.