Re: How to speed up the loading times: DXLauncher + DXKeeper

Yes, I'm replying to an old thread...but I'll add this information for the benefit of those who may search for this information in the future.

Over the weekend, I put a new PC into service as my primary shack PC. Spotcollector and DXKeeper are running MUCH MUCH better on the new PC.

The software installed/running on the new machine is pretty much the same as the old PC, although the new machine has the advantage of not having any residual "cap" from old+uninstalled or old versions of software.

I now suspect my SC performance issues on the old PC might have been partially addressed if I had done a complete system wipe/reinstall. (The new machine does have a better processor and more RAM than the old machine...but the old machine handled SpotCollector FB when running in safe mode, so I don't think those upgrades provided the relief.)

+ If performance was acceptable when Windows was booted into "Safe mode with networking", then one of the applications being automatically started by Windows when booted normally was responsible. Anti-malware is usually the culprit, but other applications can also cause trouble; see "Applications that can Interfere with DXLab Applications" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference