Re: DX Commander with an IC-7300 and SDR Console

Joe Subich, W4TV

Omni-Rig exposes two "Rig" ports (Radio 1 and Radio 2). As shown here
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HDSDRCWSkimmerConfiguration> with
HDSDR, SDR Console connects to one radio and Skimmer connects to the
other - each radio must use a separate virtual port.

Since I have not looked at SDR Console v3, I assume it provides an
interface to configure Omni-Rig.

On 2021-02-08 8:38 AM, Bob Benedict, KD8CGH wrote:
Executive summary - don't use the same virtual serial ports for CW Skimmer and Commander
More detail on SDR Console and Commander. In SDR Console you can choose both CW Skimmer and External Radio. If you set a virtual port pair in CW Skimmer by clicking on it, you must disable it or set another port pair for the External Radio. After you have the External Radio window open, you click on the question mark in the upper right hand corner of the window to bring up External Radio Options. You can then click on the "Omni-Rig" button to set External Radio ports in OMni-Rig.  Finally choose the complementary virtual serial port in Commander and set the radio to Kenwood. If all goes well Commander will display "[Kenwood TS-2000]" in the top window bar.
You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Bob   KD8CGH