trying to interface my Yaesu FT991A with DxLab - no joy

Lance HP

Hi. Trying to get the DXlab commander to communicate to the subject radio. I haven't had any luck so far. I don't really know what the communications setting should be for the radio (com port, baud rate, etc). I can communication with the radio using the programming software that I bought so I confirmed my cable is good and apparently that software is using a driver that works with the radio. I am not sure about DXLab though. I downloaded the driver from Yaesu and that didn't really change anything. I didn't change the default comm settings in commander and at a loss of what to change them to.
Any suggestions?
By the way, it occurred to me that I might have to upgrade my radio firmware, but I shied away from that 'rabbit hole' for now.