Re: DXView enhancement?

Stephen Rabinowitz

My thought is that DXView could treat each state as though it were an entity and display progress for each mode and band for that individual state, just as it does now for Alaska and Hawaii. The chart now displayed for K Progress would instead show the State Progress.
73, Steve K2SN

Sent from BlueMail

On Jan 25, 2021, at 12:47 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 9:12 AM Stephen Rabinowitz <srabin@...> wrote:

My suggestion is that DXView for, as an example, Alabama, could display the same way it does for Alaska. Perhaps this feature could be toggled on or off.

DXVIew *does* display the same way for AL and AK today - i.e. it
displays the *DXCC* progress for the *DXCC entity*. In the case of AK,
it is not displaying WAS progress for the state of AK, it is
displaying DXCC progress for the DXCC entity of KL7. Your WAS progress
for AK may look similar to your DXCC progress for KL7, but they're
actually not the same thing.

I believe what you're really asking for is what I attempted to
articulate before.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Sent from BlueMail
On Jan 25, 2021, at 11:56 AM, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 5:49 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

If you have loaded the USAP database, the state is already shown
in the "Location" box.

I think he's suggesting that the Progress table could change from DXCC
progress to WAS progress in the case where the DXCC entity is the US.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On 2021-01-25 8:37 AM, Stephen Rabinowitz wrote:

Modifying DXView to show each U.S. state as an entity, the way Alaska
and Hawaii already show, would help those working toward WAS band
awards. The emphasis of DXLab is, of course, on DX, but this addition
might be useful. What do you think?

73, Steve K2SN