Re: Jtdx/wjtx

Jim N7US

I’m not taking a position on any ethical issues of JTDX, but I do have it working directly with DXLab (i.e., without JTAlert).

I have SC’s Spot Sources tab set up in the WSJT-X panel as it is for WSJT-X.  Enable, CQ, MyCall, Lookup, Callbook, and ClubLog are checked, and the Port is 2237.  Spots from JTDX are shown on SC with my call as the Spotter and the Node as WSJT-X.

One difference versus WSJT-X working directly with SpotCollector is the spot coloring from SpotCollector is not transferred to JTDX as it is with WSJT-X.  Double clicking on a spot in SC does not transfer it to the JTDX.

Contacts made in JTDX are logged directly into DXKeeper. 

I do very little FT8 these days, but I have found JTDX to be easier to use than WSJT-X, especially for quickly “running” stations.  ZL2IFB’s FT8 Operating Guide is very helpful, and he has a separate section on JTDX.

https://www.g4ifb.com/FT8_Hinson_tips_for_HF_DXers.pdf

I can send a screenshot, if needed, of the Reporting tab in JTDX.

73,  Jim N7US

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert galambos via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 17:54
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Jtdx/wjtx

I was asking about jtdx.

Right now there is no integration with this derivative

Jtalert does work with jtdx. In fact the logging works fine with this combination.

Spotcollector does not seem to work though with jtdx

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.

ASEC GTA ARES section

M: +1-416-876-2979

H:  +1-416-227-1414

E:   va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Dec. 23, 2020, at 17:20, w6de <v8dave@...> wrote:

WSJT-X is a derivative of WSJT.  WSJT was originally developed and used for VHF and UHF weak signal communications.  The original weak signal processing using WSJT takes a longer time to decode for some particularly difficult, very weak VHF.UHF signals—for instance Earth-Moon-earth communications.  WSJT-X was specifically developed for HF communications and shorter decoding time.

WSJT-X can be directly integrated with DXLabs and SpotCollector directly.  This article in the DXlab WIKI shows how:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

JTAlert is another program that can interoperate with DXLabs and WSJT-X.  Here is another WIKI article that shows how:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

You ask: “I am wondering of it is possible to connect this to spotcollector to allow click and tune of freq?

The direct integration of DXLabs with WSJTX will do what you ask.

Note that of the two approaches:

only WSJT-X/DXLab direct integration;

or only WSJYX/JTAlert/DXLab

can be implemented at a time.

Dave, w6de

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert galambos
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 20:44
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Jtdx/wjtx

Dave

The derivative of wjtx is a program jtdx. (I little better decoding is my understanding)

I am wondering of it is possible to connect this to spotcollector to allow click and tune of freq?

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.

ASEC GTA ARES section

M: +1-416-876-2979

H:  +1-416-227-1414

E:   va3bxg@...

When all else fails

_._,_._,_

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.