Re: Jtdx/wjtx

Jim N7US

I’m not taking a position on any ethical issues of JTDX, but I do have it working directly with DXLab (i.e., without JTAlert).

I have SC’s Spot Sources tab set up in the WSJT-X panel as it is for WSJT-X.  Enable, CQ, MyCall, Lookup, Callbook, and ClubLog are checked, and the Port is 2237.  Spots from JTDX are shown on SC with my call as the Spotter and the Node as WSJT-X.

One difference versus WSJT-X working directly with SpotCollector is the spot coloring from SpotCollector is not transferred to JTDX as it is with WSJT-X.  Double clicking on a spot in SC does not transfer it to the JTDX.

Contacts made in JTDX are logged directly into DXKeeper.

I do very little FT8 these days, but I have found JTDX to be easier to use than WSJT-X, especially for quickly “running” stations.  ZL2IFB’s FT8 Operating Guide is very helpful, and he has a separate section on JTDX.

https://www.g4ifb.com/FT8_Hinson_tips_for_HF_DXers.pdf

I can send a screenshot, if needed, of the Reporting tab in JTDX.

73,  Jim N7US