Re: Jtdx/wjtx

Robert galambos

I was asking about jtdx.

Right now there is no integration with this derivative

Jtalert does work with jtdx. In fact the logging works fine with this combination.

Spotcollector does not seem to work though with jtdx

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Dec. 23, 2020, at 17:20, w6de <v8dave@...> wrote:

WSJT-X is a derivative of WSJT.  WSJT was originally developed and used for VHF and UHF weak signal communications.  The original weak signal processing using WSJT takes a longer time to decode for some particularly difficult, very weak VHF.UHF signals—for instance Earth-Moon-earth communications.  WSJT-X was specifically developed for HF communications and shorter decoding time.

WSJT-X can be directly integrated with DXLabs and SpotCollector directly.  This article in the DXlab WIKI shows how:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

JTAlert is another program that can interoperate with DXLabs and WSJT-X.  Here is another WIKI article that shows how:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

You ask: “I am wondering of it is possible to connect this to spotcollector to allow click and tune of freq?

The direct integration of DXLabs with WSJTX will do what you ask.

Note that of the two approaches:

only WSJT-X/DXLab direct integration;

or only WSJYX/JTAlert/DXLab

can be implemented at a time.