Re: Incorrect format in frequency display

This is an Icom IC-775DSP.

I was just getting WinWabbler setup for the first time, so if I recall, most of my change were there. I could not get Commander or WinWabbler to transmit, so I made a change on the radio too.
Changed CI-V Transceive to Off
Changed CI-V 731 (operating frequency data length) from 5 bits to 4 bits

+ The radio's "emulate an IC-731" setting causes it to report frequencies in a different format: 4 bytes instead of 5 bytes. If you configure the radio to emulate an IC-731, then you must configure Commander to control an IC-731; failure to do results in Commander display incorrect frequencies.

I did this per an old post to to get DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable

+ You must have misread the "old post". The 4-byte frequency format is used by the IC-731 and IC-735; it has nothing to do with " getting DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable"

I changed my CI-V 731 back and that seems to have fixed my display problem. Now to get WinWabbler to transmit.

+ There are step-by-step instructions for configuring WinWarbler here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Multimode_Setup>

+ Specific directions for configuring WinWarbler to use Commander for RX-TX switching are contained in the "PTT via Commander" section of this article;

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PTTMechanism>