Re: Incorrect format in frequency display

g4wjs

On 11/12/2020 10:58, Scott Anderson wrote:
Hi Dave,
This is an Icom IC-775DSP.

I was just getting WinWabbler setup for the first time, so if I recall, most of my change were there. I could not get Commander or WinWabbler to transmit, so I made a change on the radio too.
Changed CI-V Transceive to Off
Changed CI-V 731 (operating frequency data length) from 5 bits to 4 bits - I did this per an old post to to get DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable

I changed my CI-V 731 back and that seems to have fixed my display problem. Now to get WinWabbler to transmit.

And of course I didn't make a backup, lol! First lesson of computers. I'll make a backup before I change anything else.
Hi Scott,

CI-V IC-731 mode is archaic and was only needed when the old IC-731 was used on the same CI-V bus as a more modern Icom. The IC-31 used a different frequency format in CAT commands with a different resolution. These days almost all CI-V CAT control is done over a one-to-one CI-V connection so the IC-731 mode is never needed.

Bill

G4WJS.