Re: DXKeeper configured for SWL/MWDX/etc?

Peter Laws / N5UWY

Resuscitating an old thread ... Still working on my SWL log within DXLab.

I have a workspace that only brings up DXKeeper with the correct DB
and Commander (for when I am "DXing" in the SWL sense on my IC-746Pro
- like when I copied WBZ last evening 2400 km away ...)

So far, so good.

I have bands defined for MWDX, FMDX, LWDX, and the usual SWBC bands
(90 m, 49m, etc) and that works.

Now I'm trying to import from a TSV as explained at
https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Import.htm#Importing%20tab-delimited%20files

I used the shortcut tags as well as some standard ADIF tags. I ran
into an issue, though. I have a column in the spreadsheet that lists
the receiver in use. I put MY_RIG at the top (not RIG, because I don't
know what the broadcaster is using - Nautel?). DXKeeper didn't gripe
about that, but in the DXKeeper Configuration -> Log tab -> Log Page
DIsplay panel MY_RIG doesn't appear in the drop-down for Items, only
RIG. As I said, DXKeeper didn't seem to have a problem with the tag,
but how can I display what's there? All the User Defined fields worked
just fine (I have them set for things like Format, Network, etc).

There are also issues with that same control for the columns displayed
but I can't quite quantify them yet (random Item descriptions
inserting themselves, etc) so I'll save that for a time when I *can*
actually quantify them. Seems like it's pulling values for a different
log, even though I have a Log Page Display file for each. Anyway, the
lack of MY_RIG is a bigger deal (not that it's a really big deal, but
at least it's quantifiable!)

The better news (for me) is that I don't have a lot of logs to import!
And new loggings will go straight into DXKeeper.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 1:45 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have done as you suggested. Took a bit to figure out how to set up the applications settings in the new workspace, but I got there - not something I do regularly, so rusty. Far fewer columns needed in the log display as you'd imagine. I now have "MWDX" and FMDX defined in Bands.txt with the proper band edges. I gather there is no way to have a per-workspace Bands.txt?

+ Correct.

Now need to figure out how to import from spreadsheets.

+ Either put them in a form that DXKeeper can directly import as a tab-delimited file

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Import.htm#Importing%20tab-delimited%20files>

+ or use Rich VE3KI's "Excel-to-ADIF" technique, as described in

<https://members.storm.ca/~ferch/spreadsh.html>