Re: Adding old QSL cards to DXKeeper

Dave AA6YQ

* AA6YQ comments below

> + Fast Log Entry is a fine application, but

If I recall correctly FLE does not assign "country" information to the QSO *or* provide a way to provide the "Country Number". As such, all QSOs entered using FLE in imported into DXKeeper will be assigned *the current country* based on callsign prefix.

This will not meet the objective of entering Deleted countries into DXKeeper. Using DXkeeper's Main "QSO Entry" screen and selecting the correct country using the 'drop down' menu is much more likely to produce a more satisfactory result.

* Good point, Joe! The incorrect DXCC assignments could be rectified by running the "Fix Scripts" you developed:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CorrectDXCCEntity

* but I agree with your recommendation to use DXKeeper's Main window (with the "Optimized for realtime QSO Entry" option disabled).

* Using keyboard shortcuts to quickly position the mouse cursor is the key to fast log entry with DXKeeper.