Adding old QSL cards to DXKeeper

Bill - AA4M

I have about 1,000 old QSL cards, some dating back to the 1960's, that I'd like to add to DXKeeper, just so that the progress report somewhat matches what the ARRL has on their records.  A number of deleted countries are included in the 1,000.  Hopefully all I'll need to add are Call, Date (Year only hopefully?), Band and Mode.  None of the other information is needed (time, grid, etc.) for my purposes, at least I don't think it is.  My current DXKeeper database starts in 2018, so I may need to change the starting date from how I originally configured DXLab 2 years ago.

What do I need to do to simplify entry of all these cards?

Thanks & 73,
Bill  AA4M