Re: 60 Meter Real time Award Tracking

Andrew OBrien

For USA I thought the guidelines were that there is only one correct frequency for the digital signal to be transmitted on , as such spreading out FT8-style would not be in keeping with those expected practices . Even if it is only over a few hundred Hertz. Additionally , those early guidelines stated only one QSO at a time on each channel . So several stations transmitting CQ in FT8 would not be adhering to the guidelines . I objected so the guidelines at that time , but I am unaware that they have changed . Hence it seems to me that it is not a good idea to use FT8 on that band if in USA.

Andy

On Nov 19, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote:

On 2020-11-19 2:58 PM, Dave / NR1DX wrote:
Rather than assail the "60M chicken" here tying up bandwidth. The next
question what would be a BETTER FORUM to get the ARRL's attention and
change their mind set on their "60M EGG"?
The forum would be one-on-one with your ARRL Director. HOWEVER, be
aware that the current policy is set by the Board with input from the
Association's FCC attorney. There are two issues at stake ... NTIA
who control 5MHz on behalf of *GOVERNMENT USERS* who are primary there
does not like amateur use of those five frequencies. Continued action
by US amateurs to ignore the current rules at 5 MHz puts implementation
of the 50 KHz wide band approved at the last WARC is jeopardy.

I seriously doubt that ARRL will make any policy change that will
cause increased friction and/or decrease the chances of getting US
access to the worldwide 5 MHz allocation.

On 2020-11-19 2:58 PM, Dave / NR1DX wrote:
All
I would not suppose to speak for AA6YQ, but he has made his position on this clear several times in the past.
When ARRL recognizes 60M QSO's for DXCC , then DX LAB will follow suit ...and NOT until.
Rather than assail the "60M chicken" here tying up bandwidth. The next question what would be a BETTER FORUM to get the ARRL's attention and change their mind set on their "60M EGG"?
Dave
NR1DX
On 11/19/2020 1:28 PM, F.R. Ashley wrote:
NR1DX and others...

Lately I have been trying to finish off 80 meter DXCC and stuck around
the 90 confirmed mark.�� I haven't been seeing much DX on 80M FT8 lately
so for the heck of it I went to 60M, and man, the band was jammed with
DX stations!� Now I know why I'm not seeing much on 80.

Back in January I was in St. Kitts and when I called CQ on 60 it sounded
like half of EU answered and I ran a string of EUs for a few hours.� I
know the V4 prefixed helped a lot but I was surprised at the amount of
interest on 60 meters seeing how none of the QSO's are good for any
awards. I had several direct QSL requests for a card.� Perhaps they have
worked everything on all the other bands and looking for a new thrill, hi.

73 Buddy WB4M

On 11/18/2020 9:39 PM, Dave / NR1DX wrote:
Was just curious.� I know you your position on ARRL and the band and
am not here to debate it

FT8 has put 60M on the map so to speak .You can work the "equivalent"
of DXCC on 60M FT8 5357 these days in a matter of months (I am at 125
after a year