SR/SS Tables Strike Again

Hasan Schiers N0AN

I put up an inverted L for 160 about a month ago. It is parallel to the tower for the first 45' fed at the base, about 3' away from the tower. It then slopes 90' down to the far tree line.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I was perusing the SunSet Tables of DXView while watching 160m. 20 minutes before local sunset M0xxx (England) popped up on FT8 for a total of 1 minute (two sequences). This was predicted by the work of K9LA and the tables of DXView.

This morning on 160m, 30 minutes before local sunrise, JA's appeared en masse, and had a large peak right at sunrise and stayed until 13 minutes after sunrise.

In that 40 min window, I worked 7 JAs and a 3D2, all thanks to paying attention to those tables in DXView.  It was the first 160m JA Dx of this season and rivalled the best I saw all last winter.

I wouldn't have taken a serious look this morning had we not had the discussion a day or two ago about how to use the SR/SS and Grayline Tables in DXView. Thanks for the tips!

73, N0AN
Hasan