Re: GrayLine

Hasan Schiers N0AN

The SR/SS tables are particularly valuable to me in that they come into play every day, with the pre and post dawn enhancement on 160/80/40 meters. (I don't operated in the evenings)

Grayline is more limited by season, but perhaps more spectacularly revealing if one pays attention.

I am very pleased with the tables, as they are easy to follow and I can set an alarm on my phone to go check the bands of interest at the right times. I do have DXAtlas, etc, but I don't use it much. The vast  majority of what I want to know is already provided by DXView and DXK, and Propview if needed. I tend to get overwhelmed by too much graphical presentation.

The Sun tables are outstanding. Comparing them to PSKReporter overnight (late afternoon to post sunrise next day) is most interesting. I usually let my two radios (TS-590sg and an SDR) sit on 80 and 160 or 160 and 40 overnight and look to see what has been spotted  when I come down in the morning.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 2:00 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Regarding the display of grid squares in DXAtlas.
I wondered why under Map/Grid, Bearing/Distance and Grid Squares were greyed out. Turns out I was using the "Globe" display. I found this in DXAtlas "Help":

+ I've updated step 1 in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GridPlottingDXAtlas>

+ to make it explicit that the Rectangular map style must be selected.

Latitude/Longitude, Bearing/Distance and Grid Squares options select the grid that will be displayed on the map.
Note that the Bearing/Distance grid is available only in the Azimuthal projection while Grid Squares is displayed only in the Rectangular projection.

+ In DX Atlas version 2.3, the latitude, longitude, bearing, and distance are all displayed in the lower left corner for all three available map styles (Rectangular, Azimuthal, Globe).