Re: Flaky behavior since last Windows update

Matt Foster

I have some interesting results to report. First, rebooting into "Safe Mode with Networking" did indeed make Launcher start in a normal amount of time (i.e. a couple of seconds). An explicit exception for DXLabLauncher.exe did not remedy the problem. I started suspecting some other "Startup" program could be interfering, so I disabled all Startup applications, and sure enough, Launcher started in a normal amount of time. I have concluded that the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is the culprit. Adobe has 5 startup applications: AcroTray, "Adobe GC Invoker Utility", "Adobe Updater Startup Utility", CCXProcess.exe (had to Google that one) and "Creative Cloud Desktop". With those 5 applications disabled, and everything else enabled, Launcher starts normally. Unfortunately, I need the Adobe suite for work, so I can't just uninstall it. I am going to try and determine if perhaps just one of these 5 is at the root of the issue, and maybe I do not need it to auto-start.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice, and a HUGE thanks to Dave for having such great online troubleshooting documentation that helped me ferret out the issue!

--
73, Matt, N0EYE