Re: Get tuner status after auto-tuning IC-7300 and AH-4 using custom controls?

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 03:34 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ The IC-7300 has a built-in SWR meter. Thus one could complement the user-defined command sequence that initiates tuning with a
second user-defined command sequence that toggles between two states:

1. when it's first clicked, the sequence issues the <txmeter swr> command, and then issues commands that set the RF power output to
5 watts, set the mode to RTTY, and switch from RX to TX

2. when it's clicked a second time, the sequence issues commands that switch from TX to RX, set the RF power output to 100 watts,
set the mode to CW or SSB, and then set the TX meter to whatever you prefer to monitor when transmitting during normal operation.

I'm sorry Dave, but I don't understand how you mean?

As the rig is remote I can only 'see' things through the communication interfaces and as DXLabs cannot read status information I cannot see anything that way.

+ Commander can be configured to monitor and display the output of your IC-7300's SWR meter while you are transmitting. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/TXMeter.htm>

+ Thus after activating the automatic tuner on a new band, transmitting a tone at 5 watts on a clear frequency while monitoring the SWR meter displayed by Commander will indicate the tuner's effectiveness before you switch to full power output. That can be automated with a command sequence, as described above.