Re: Get tuner status after auto-tuning IC-7300 and AH-4 using custom controls?

Björn (SM0SBL)

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 02:40 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
There is no "Answer." The AH-4 interfaces with a simplistic 2 wire
(+13V, "Start", "Key", ground) system. The response in minimal - just
a 20 ms "off" followed by a 200 ms "on" pulse on the "Key" line if
tuning fails. See:
I'm fully aware of that.
This is what I call 'Answer' as the hardware design engineer that I am :o)
I'm currently working on a solution including an Arduino with ethernet shield that snoops the key-line of the AH-4 interface to measure if there is a second dip due to not possible to tune or the lack of the extra dip wich indicates a successful tuning.
This will not tell me weather the tuner is turned on or not but is a good indicator what state it should be in.
I also thought of a webcam pointed at the rig, but that use lot more bandwidth over my 4G-modem...

The Arduino is present anyway as I'm implementing an antenna disconnector á la SM3JGG where both coax and AH-4 interface cable will be disconnected when told so over a simple webpage or in case of a power outage.
(https://sites.google.com/site/sm3jggwebcac/)

I will share my code and design files when the project is done and have proven to work during the winter.

--
Björn, SM0SBL