Re: CBA and Nicknames

David Reed

So Dave, if you drop them, what would replace them? Many of us do not buy callbook CDs, etc.

Thanks!

73 de W5SV - David F. Reed

On Sep 30, 2020, at 17:28, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

To clarify, I'm not concerned whether there is a nickname displayed or not.  Just noticed that a nickname in quotes was the key difference to Pathfinder lookups that return a blank name and first line of address blank.

+ That's happening because the insertion of the nickname breaks Pathfinder's ability to extract the first name and address.

+ QRZ is certainly free to change their web page however and whenever they like, but the impression of apparent unreliability this evokes when one of their unannounced changes breaks Pathfinder -- particularly among new users -- is leading me to consider dropping "QRZ.com via Pathinder" as a callbook option in DXKeeper.