Re: Slow Starting DXLabs Components

Jim N7US

My shack computer is an HP OMEN Desktop 870-247c, which has a 7th-generation i7-7700 CPU, 32 GB of RAM, and a 256 GB SSD (from Costco in 2017).

With Win4K3Suite, including its spectrum display using my SDRPlay RSP1A, and VE7CC's CC User already running, DXLab, including Commander, DXKeeper, DXView, SpotCollector, and WinWarbler, takes 1 minute 10 seconds to start. I have 97K QSOs in my log.

I had BitDefender TotalSecurity, Acronis True Image, microHAM USB Device Router for my microKEYER III, and Microsoft One Drive running already.

I always buy more computer capacity than I think I will need because it takes so long to install and configure all the programs, I want it to be usable for a long time.

My internet service is fair, as it's wireless. My download speed is typically less than 20 Mbps.

Jim N7US

On 2020-09-24 12:31 PM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:
I think you are right. I do not have an SD and will live with this onetime thing until and unless I buy a new desktop. Running 12 Gigs and i7 but only 2 thread. My 2Tb drive is over 10 years old I think and not surprised that many things start a bit slowly. I let PC run all of the time although do allow sleep. A full bootup is agonizing although I do it from time to time, usually when updates happen.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb