Re: WSJT-X log pop up to log to DX Keeper

g4wjs

On 20/09/2020 18:00, N0CWR via groups.io wrote:
T6AA is on 20m FT8

I double click T1 WSJT FT-8 program.

So my FT-8 program sends a report to T6AA

I see he responds with report to me

A log pop up box comes up to log to DXbase so I click it and my FT-8 sends him a single RR 73
 All right that was easy .

So now my FT8 program is all done sending.

As far as it’s concerned the contact is completed.

I see T6AA still sends me a report

Clublog later shows NIL

What do I do to get a good QSO acknowledgement using  FT 8 when at my end the software is all done?

Is there something wrong with this software sequencing or is there something I should or shouldn’t be clicking?

It was all just so easy when the ‘clicking’ was done on my CW paddles! Ha!
73
Kevin

Kevin,

WSJT-X is not a replacement for the operator, it has aids that help with the quick turnaround of QSOs where there is very little thinking time between decoding a signal and transmitting your reply. If your QSO partner does not copy your last acknowledgment then you must send it again - just like you would in a CW QSO. The mode might be different but the rules and conventions are the same.

Bill

G4WJS.