Re: Pathfinder

Robert galambos

It was a heads up for the users of the software

Thanks for the additional info.

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

On Sep. 16, 2020, at 14:56, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
The Canadian government did not remove the online directory. They changed its address to
<https://apc-cap.ic.gc.ca/pls/apc_anon/query_amat_cs$.startup>. Be warned, it's not very fast.

RAC callbook - There might be some confusion here. He might have been expecting this to link
to an access portal to the database of Canadian amateurs that was provided by Radio Amateurs
of Canada (RAC - the Canadian counterpart to the ARRL). At one time, RAC had a copy of the
Canadian government database on their own web site. That was dropped several years ago.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 02:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

When I click on VE CB for a Canadian call sign I get access denied on the cdn gov't web site.

+ In 2017, the Canadian government removed the online directory of Canadian Amateurs that Pathfinder was previously able to search.

When I click on RAC button I get an error message path not found d:\ (DLL version 9). I think those is an installation issue, as the software is installed on e:

+ In order for Pathfinder to use the RAC callbook, you must have purchased and installed the Flying Horse Radio Amateur Callbook. I don't know that up-to-date versions of this callbook are available.