Re: DXLab Restore Problem

Alan Swinger

Roger. I think I would have been up fairly quickly as well had I not let the Staples Techs move DXLab files from what was supposed to be a Clone backup drive to the computer after they had to reinstall the OS after a new HD install. It turned out that a Clone of a Dell Laptop does not "Clone" to an HP machine, and that clones only work to same brand machines . .  or so the story goes from the local Techs.
73, Alan K9MBQ

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 3:20 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave - Tks. Took care of the PF Script error message problem and will pursue the Blank Button issue per the web site suggested. Also re-did the Launcher paths as you advised and all seems OK. I think the DXLab system is back up  and running as designed except for the monitor item mentioned.

+ What's "the monitor item"?

Sorry to absorb so much of your and the site's time, but am very appreciative of your assistance to help me get this system back on line w/ DXLab. I thank you very much for your tutoring. and responses to my sometimes bad assumptions and queries, but perhaps others may have learned a bit as well.

+ the primary lesson learned is to follow the instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery>

+ Björn SM7IUN recently reported that after a catastrophic failure, he had all of his DXLab applications running and configured 15 minutes after re-installing Windows.